How to load and configure cisco mibs and traps?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: How to load and configure cisco mibs and traps?
From: Jeff W <jeffw411@HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 15:13:36 EST
I don't mean to appear totally clueless but I'm a router pilot not a Network
management person, but was task with customizing several netview servers.
With that said, here is my issues.

I'm using Netview 5.1.1 on both a solaris and AIX enviroment.
I'm have a bunch of Cisco 7513's,4000's and Cat5000 and 5500.
I'm trying to load what I have been told is the latest Cisco MIBS, and in
the order which Cisco said to load. They are in order:
SNMPv2-v1SMI.my
SNMPv2-v1TC.my
SNMPv2-v1MIB.my
RFC1213-v1MIB.my
IF-v1MIB.my
CISCO-SMI.my
CISCO-PRODUCTS-MIBS.my
CISCO-TC.my

I can load all but the SNMPv2-v2TC.my MIBS, I receive a "mismatch on
datatype definitions." Cisco says this is a problem with Netview compiler
and Tivoli said it was a problem with the MIB. Anybody know?

My question is what are the basic cisco mibs everyone else are using, and
what should I load to give me the basic enviromental, interface, config,
etc. traps.
Second question if and when I get the proper cisco mibs loaded, how do I
configure the traps? Will the generic traps be loaded in the event
configuration or will I have to build them? If this is no straight forward
explanation is there a netview manual that documents the procedues?

Thanks in advance?
Jeff W.
Sr. Network Engineer
Lockeed Martin