Re: What Cisco MIBs should NetView include?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: What Cisco MIBs should NetView include?
From: "Joel A. Gerber" <joel.gerber@USAA.COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 14:53:21 -0600
In my earlier post I wasn't really thinking much about traps, just MIBs.
There are a lot of Cisco traps that we have defined that even a CiscoView
install does not provide.  Again, instead of listing them all, here's an
"extract" of our trapd.conf file (it's not too big, about 50KB):
<<trapd.conf>>

I deleted all of the non-Cisco traps, except for a few of the "public" traps
that Cisco supports.  Some of the traps are customized for our environment,
e.g. they have EVENT_CLASS statements to match our TEC definitions.  I'm not
sure that all of the traps are defined exactly the same as the Cisco MIB has
them defined.  I hope at least some of these can be included in NetView.

Joel Gerber - I/T Networking Professional - USAA Information Technology Co.
- San Antonio, TX
* (210)456-4231         * mailto:Joel.Gerber@USAA.com   "
http://www.usaa.com