Re: Node Up/Down Traps

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Node Up/Down Traps
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 07:04:33 -0500

My suggestion is that you add an in-line action to your ruleset, in which you
grep a file which is a list of nodes scheduled for maintenance.  If the node is
in the list, then you exit the ruleset, else you continue.  You would have to
maintain the list of course.

Somehow you have to make your automation more sophisticated.  The way you have
built it ignores the maintenance requirement, so now it is up to you to add it.

The only other alternative I can think of is to have your maintenance people
unmanage these devices before they go down for service, and re-manage them after
they come up.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

W.M.de.Bruin@DNB.NL on 03/07/2000 05:10:27 AM