Cisco Devices: AdminStatus vs. OperStatus

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Cisco Devices: AdminStatus vs. OperStatus
From: "Gord Michaels" <gord_michaels@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 12:39:22 PST
Hello All.

I have several Cisco roueter and switches in my environment.
I have been looking through some of their MIBs and I have found two MIBs
which I can set that I may be interested in.

The first is OperStatus. Now, I know that I can disable/enable a port by
setting this MIB Object.

But what about AdminStatus? It can be up or down. This may be a trivial
questions for someone who has experience with Cisco but I am not sure what
is does and it's relationship to OperStatus ??

Any information appreciated.

Sincerely,

Gord Michaels.