Re: virus on Netview NT 5.1.2 CD?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: virus on Netview NT 5.1.2 CD?
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 12:25:43 -0500

Well, OK, but my take on this is still the same -- that even this virus only
affects executbale code and that's not what those files were.    I don't know
exactly how or where those catalogs are used but if they are called by a running
routine, I would expect an access violation or Dr. Watson sooner or later if
they aren't there.    You may have to re-install 5.1.2 to get them back.

I can tell you that  I can find no record of anything like this having been
reported before, and 5.1.2 is now old hat.  We released 5.1.3 to manufacturing
this week and it will be shipping next week.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

Kenneth Viola <kviola@cpcug.org> on 03/10/2000 12:14:52 PM