Re: Netview Source IDs

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview Source IDs
From: Stephan Schwalb <sschwalb@debis.de>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 08:09:38 +0100
Hi James,

sorry for the undetailed question. Here is what I'm looking for:
E.g. the event of 1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.3.1 with specific ID: 58916864 (which is
nv6000
"Node up" )
has set "N" as sourceID in the event configuration.

But an event of that type showing up in the Control Desk not only has this "N"
in
the SOURCE field
but it has a more comprehensive contents ("Netmon (N)"). So there must be
somewhere
a definition
to match the "N" and the "Netmon" information.

In my case if I'd like to define new source ID characters I also like to provide
these little descriptions
like "netmon" for the "N" character.

But I can't find the place where this is to be done ???

Stephan