Re: network adapter

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: network adapter
From: lclark@us.ibm.com
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 09:25:39 -0500

Assuming by 'aix' you mean that smit named the missing fileset, then it
should be on your AIX product media. Depending on the level and package
date of your AIX, it may either be on one of the base CDs (1-3), or there
are
more device drivers on the Bonus pack or Options CD.

Detroit

rs6000 43-p 133Mhz  aix 4.2.1

This item doesn't belong to this group, but in desperation I hope someone
has some information.

I installed an Intel EthernetExpress 10/100 pci network adapter and I'm
missing its driver which according to aix is the fileset name
devices.pci.86800100   Intel doesn't provide drivers for unix systems as
per a note on their web page and I searched www.ibm.com with no luck.

 Thanks for any info.

.

.