RE: Loading cisco mibs

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Loading cisco mibs
From: "Jeff W" <jeffw411@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 21:20:23 EST
Thanks to those provided input on loading cisco mibs and building traps,
even though my question was mostly lost in the debate regarding the netview
complier. I have worked through the compile problems and have used the
addtrap command, along with the addtrap scripts from cisco site, and am now
getting a simi proper trap.
I would like find out how to make the trap more descriptive.
I.E. I am receiving a voltage alarm from one of my routers, the trap comes
in as "trap received from enterprise cisco with 3 arguments:  \
ciscoEnvMonVoltageStatusDescr=+12.00
ciscoEnvMonVoltageStatusValue=11336
ciscoEnvMonVoltageState=2
I can walk the MIB and identify that ciscoEnvMonVoltageState=2 means
warning. But is their a way to make the arguments correlate to the actual
meaning upon being received in the event window. So, instead of coming in
saying State=2, that the State is a warning or critical etc, and can this be
done for other traps as well.
Thanks,
Jeff W.
Sr. Network Architect