segment Icons disappearing

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: segment Icons disappearing
From: "Jeff W" <jeffw411@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 22:07:46 EST
On one of my backup netview servers, I have two cisco 7513's with several
serial interface. One router has the active serial and one has a backup that
is administratively shut down, both serials have the same IP. The problem is
that the IP segment icon will only draw a line to one router and some times
it the router with the administratively downed interface. I have done demand
polls on both routers in various order, have deleted the router interfaces,
ran ovtopofix -a, cleared the arp-cache on the routers etc. trying to
resolve a two way connection between the routers and the IP icon. Has anyone
else had this problem with routers with mirror interfaces? Any suggestions?
I am running NetView 5.1.1. with a seedfile and all the router interfaces
are listed, and new node discovery is turned on.

My primary Netview server has resolved the connections, not sure how. So, I
was thinking of copying over the databases to the backup server to resolve
the inconsistences.  I believe this is possible, but can some explain which
databases should be copied and the proper sequence so, I don't dork it up
worse.
Much Thanks,
Jeff W.
Sr. Network Architect