TMNC

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: TMNC
From: Drew Van Order <dvanorder@dttus.com>
Date: 18 Mar 2000 19:02:16 -0600
     Hi all,

     We are evaluating TMNC with our dev NV 5.1.2 server. Anyone out there
     working with this that can shed some light regarding configuring
     correlation interval? What I find puzzling is that correlation does
     not follow netmon cycles, which I thought it might. As a result, there
     are TEC events generated that are unnecessary--the TMNC rules
     auto-close the events when the devices are back up, but in our
     environment, this translates into unnecessary help desk tickets unless
     we rewrite the timer rules.

     I've played with changing the interval, but the behavior is very
     inconsistent, and not following a logical pattern. I have a PMR open,
     but Tivoli is not responsive. Any advice is appreciated!

     DVO