Re: forwarding specific interface down to TEC

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: forwarding specific interface down to TEC
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 09:29:22 -0500

You want an easy or a hard way?  Using a field in the database is elegant,
perhaps, but hard in this situation because you cannot substring the 4th varbind
in the database compare.   My advice is to build a list of interfaces in some
file and grep that in a script you write which does the substring of the 4th
varbind.  I have tried this in an in-line action myself (a long time ago) and
found that it takes less than a second to do).   Sorry but I cannot find my
example code any longer.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

"Rob McDonald" <robmcdonald@visto.com> on 03/20/2000 01:25:59 PM