Re: Modifying an objects Capabilities

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Modifying an objects Capabilities
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 12:36:25 -0500

They were set that way by netmon, who, for some reason, is not able to
communicate with that box.  What you have is a discovery problem and the way to
solve that is to try to figure out why netmon cannot do his job.  Modifying the
object properties won't help because config polls will still fail in the future.
I would start by doing an snmpwalk of that box and seeing what you get back.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

"Steve Stamper" <sstamper@foremost.com> on 03/21/2000 12:21:04 PM