NetView to TEC

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NetView to TEC
From: "Brad Martin" <bmartin@metlife.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 23:02:13 -0500

Does anyone know the criteria TEC is using to close UP/DOWN events.

I've noticed that TEC will close a node_down and node_up, but not a
node_marginal.
It will close a Network_marginal and Network_normal, but not a network_critical.

In looking at the classes, it appears that node_down and node_up use the same
OV_NODE_DOWN class.
Similarily, for network_marginal and network_normal use the same TEC class.
However, network number only appears in the msg slot and the messages for
Critical and Normal are definitely different (Variable #3 in NetView). Further,
the default TEC rules for netview don't reference OV_Network_... classes or
parents. Thus, I curious to learn how TEC is able to close some events but not
others.

(AIX 4.1.2, NetView 5.1.1, TEC 3.6.1)

Brad Martin
MetLife