Application Monitoring

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Application Monitoring
From: "Smith, Kristi" <Kristi_Smith@mentorg.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 17:03:37 -0800
In addition to the network monitoring we do with NetView, our group has been
tasked to do "application monitoring" for our field offices around the
globe.  The requirements have not been very well defined yet but it will be
something along the lines of having a standard SAP transaction take place at
regular intervals between our remote offices and our central server and
notify us when a pre-defined threshold has been exceeded. We will eventually
monitor multiple applications including home-grown apps, e-mail, ftp's etc.

If you have any experience implementing products such as Ganymede,
VitalSuite or others, I would very much appreciate hearing any comments or
suggestions you may have.

Thank you,
Kristi Smith
Mentor Graphics Corporation