Re: Cisco / netview question

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Cisco / netview question
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 10:36:45 -0500

You can go to http://www.cisco.com/public/mibs/v1  and get all the Cisco MIBs
you want, but they will not help in this case.

What are these other interfaces?  Are they IP ?  Are they serial links?   Be
aware that NetView will not draw interface cards for non-TCP/IP links (like SNA)
except serial ones, and he will only draw serial links if he can discover both
sides (so the link must terminate in your network).

What you need to be doing is an snmpwalk of this router and see what it tells
you about these interfaces.  Please call Support if you need help with that

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

msully@us.ibm.com on 03/31/2000 10:16:24 AM