Re: NV 6.0 server update

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NV 6.0 server update
From: ametzger@uneb.edu
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2000 10:59:39 -0600
Hello Vladimir,
I just finished migrating from netview 5.1 on aix 4.3.3 to Netview 6.0.
FYI, here are two problems I ran into.

problem:
NVprereq server_update script was failing while looking for the English
Language, Smit showed En_US was installed:
resolution:
fileset bos.msg.En_US.rte needed to be installed

problem:
install failed with the following:
nv6000.base.obj.odmadd does not exist
resolution:
/etc/environment    was empty for whatever reason
replaced the file from a backup

Amy Metzger
University of NE - Lincoln

                    fingerzinger

                    <fingerzinger@        To:     IBM NetView Discussion
<nv-l@tkg.com>
                    yahoo.com>            cc:

                    Sent by:              Subject:     Re: [NV-L] NV 6.0 server
update
                    owner-nv-l@tkg

                    .com

                    03/30/00 04:23

                    AM

                    Please respond

                    to IBM NetView

                    Discussion

I thank you all very much for your responses!

Best regards,
Vladimir.