How to change Segment Type ?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: How to change Segment Type ?
From: "Yoshiharu Enya" <Yoshiharu.Enya@tko.dec.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2000 20:43:45 +0900
Hi, all.

I want to IP Internet Map of NetView treats
ATM-aal5 interfaces (ifType=49) as just Serial line.

In other words,
I don't want to have a subnet icon between two routers
that have ATM-aal5 interfaces,

   <router-1 icon>-----(subnet icon)-----<router-2 icon>

because just only two routers at one ATM WAN subnet.

I want NetView map connect two routers with connection line,
like this,

   <router-1 icon>-----------------------<router-2 icon>

so I intend to edit /usr/OV/conf/C/if_to_sym file,

49:SERIAL:Cards:Serial::::

Is it a correct action?
Which element does determine an attribute of sub map topology?

After editing if_to_sym,
Dose its modification have immediately an effect on next discovery?
or Must I restart netmon daemon? restart ovw is required?

Thanks.

--
Yoshiharu Enya