Re: Proper snmp config

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Proper snmp config
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 11:14:29 -0400

Bob -
There is no set answer to this question.  This panel is there for the user to
customize so that polling in his/her network is optimized.  There is only one
default entry which we ship.  You add all the others.  The one we ship is listed
under "Default".
To get a better look at it, select it with a left mouse click and its values
will be put into the table window below it on the panel.
The default values are
Target:   *.*.*.*
Community:  public
Set Community:  blank
Timeout  0.5
Retry Count: 3
Remote Port:  blank
Status Polling: 5m

All the otthers are left blank and all the liitle boxes at the bottom are
checked (Discovery Poll, Auto Adjust, and Discover Node(s)  Managed).

The Admin Guide is a good place to start if you want to make changes here, and I
would also try the on-line Help.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

Robert Molerio <rjm@panix.com> on 04/05/2000 10:30:47 AM