Community name change

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Community name change
From: msully@us.ibm.com
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 09:32:13 -0400
Question: Can someone tell the best way to proceed or the steps that need
to be taken to Change the community name for two Netview boxes, one MLM &
one Client for active monitored network with the least amount of impact.
Also are there good checks and double checks for the Netview machines to
make sure they are still send & receiving good trap information from the
MLM (mid level manager) after these changes. I only have to change the
community name on these boxes the rest of the team is responsible to change
the devices being monitored. We are doing this solve to security issues and
also get to one community name for all devices a standard name. Thanks Mike

MICHAEL E. SULLIVAN
NETWORK MANAGEMENT
IBM GLOBAL SERVICES
SERVICE DELIVERY CENTER / NORTH