Re: Where can I find RFC's 1212 & 1215?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Where can I find RFC's 1212 & 1215?
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 11:26:45 -0400

I think you are mistaken about this.  As I read RFC1212 it does not contain a
MIB, rather it proposes standards about how MIBs should be written.   Ditto for
RFC1251, which defines the TRAP-TYPE construct.  The mibloaders in NetView, the
SNMP V1 loader, xnmloadmib, and the SNMP V1/V2 loader, xnmloadmib2, already
recognize these constructs.

How are you trying to load this MIB and why?

As it is V2, you can load it with the xnmloadmib2 loader and then use the
xnmbrowser2 to obtain MIB variables.  Are you getting an error from this?  If
so, it is not because you need RFC1212 and RFC1215 but for some other reason.

Are you trying to load this MIB with xnmloadmib? Nothing you can get will allow
the SNMPV1 loader, xnmloadmib, to load it.    To use xnmloadmib you have to go
to the Cisco site and get the V1 version of this MIB, CISCO-ENVMON-MIB-V1SMI.my
.  You will find that at http://www.cisco.com/public/mibs/V1

To answer the question you asked, you can get standard RFC's from
http://wwwsnmp.cs.utwente.nl./ietf/rfc/  or try http://www.faqs.org/ .  Not all
of them contain actual MIBs.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

Fred Bish <FBish@hcfa.gov> on 04/12/2000 10:31:35 AM