Re: Symbol Error

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Symbol Error
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 16:54:04 -0400

I'd say so.
We only ship  these 11:
     C5
     Cards
     Client
     Computer
     Connection
     Device
     Location
     Network
     Server
     Software
     om_symbols

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

"Steve Stamper" <sstamper@foremost.com> on 04/13/2000 03:31:21 PM

To:   nv-l@tkg.com
Subject:  [NV-L] Symbol Error

I tried to add Compaq Insight Manager V2.0 to my AIX system.  Don't do it -
real buggy.  Anyway, after I uninstalled, I started snooping around and keep
getting the following error:
   Symbol 'pntmcal1' has unknown symbol type.  Check the files under
'/usr/OV/symbols/C' directory.
That directory now only contains about 25 files.  Did CIM it something?  Is
a restore of that directory appropriate?

TIA
Steve Stamper
Grand Rapids, MI