Re: Variable subnet Masks and netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Variable subnet Masks and netview
From: "David E. Dimond" <dimond@allina.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 09:45:40 -0500
I should clarify that with the 255.255.255.192 mask you actually
only get 62 hosts, as the endpoints are network and broadcast
addresses respectively.  If you need 64 discrete host addresses,
you'll need to go with the 255.128 mask - which will leave less
room for your 4-address p-p links with the 252 mask.