TMNC for correlation

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: TMNC for correlation
From: "Dickerson, Luzon (US - Hermitage)" <ldickerson@dttus.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 08:42:21 -0500
Hello all,

     Is there anyone out there using Tivoli's TMNC product for event
correlation.  If so how are you dealing with the IC_INTERFACE_UNAVAILABLE ,
for example when I get an IC_INTERFACE_UNAVAILABLE I only get an IP Address
passed on to T/EC.  How can I get the router name of that
IC_INTERFACE_UNAVAILABLE class.  I have started to right a rule that will
get me this info but with no luck, maybe someone can point me in the right
direction.  I'm using the command $BINDIR/smarts/bin/dmctl -s IPFM get
IPIf::IP_a.b.c.d::CarriedBy to get the router_name, with a.b.c.d as the IP
Address from the down event. I'm having a problem passing information to the
dcmtl command (a.b.c.d).  How do I get the ipaddress from the event in
question?, how do I pass the ipaddress (a.b.c.d) on to the dcmtl command?
and how do I append the output of the dcmtl command to the hostname or msg?
In my .rls file I am using the exec_program to execute this command as a
script, but how do I get the output from this command in the router_name
slot.  If anyone out there is using TMNC your help would be great.
 My baroc file is as follows:
--------------------------------
#
# ipfm.baroc - TFNC TEC Classes
#
# (c) Copyright 1998 Tivoli Systems, an IBM company
#
TEC_CLASS:
INCHARGE_PROBLEM ISA EVENT
DEFINES {
source: default = "INCHARGE";
severity: default = WARNING;
ic_class_name: STRING, default = "", dup_detect=YES;
ic_instance_name: STRING, default = "", dup_detect=YES;
ic_event_name: STRING, default = "", dup_detect=YES;
ic_event_certainty: REAL, default = 1.0;
};
END
TEC_CLASS:
INCHARGE_PROBLEM_CLEAR ISA EVENT
DEFINES {
source: default = "INCHARGE";
severity: default = WARNING;
ic_class_name: STRING, default = "", dup_detect=YES;
ic_instance_name: STRING, default = "", dup_detect=YES;
ic_event_name: STRING, default = "", dup_detect=YES;
ic_event_certainty: REAL, default = 1.0;
};
END
TEC_CLASS:
IC_HOST_UNAVAILABLE ISA INCHARGE_PROBLEM
DEFINES {
source: default = "INCHARGE";
sub_source: default = "IPFM";
severity: default = CRITICAL;
};
END
TEC_CLASS:
IC_ROUTER_UNAVAILABLE ISA INCHARGE_PROBLEM
DEFINES {
source: default = "INCHARGE";
sub_source: default = "IPFM";
severity: default = CRITICAL;
};
END
TEC_CLASS:
IC_SEGMENT_UNAVAILABLE ISA INCHARGE_PROBLEM
DEFINES {
source: default = "INCHARGE";
sub_source: default = "IPFM";
severity: default = CRITICAL;
};
END
TEC_CLASS:
IC_INTERFACE_UNAVAILABLE ISA INCHARGE_PROBLEM
DEFINES {
source: default = "INCHARGE";
sub_source: default = "IPFM";
severity: default = CRITICAL;
ic_router_name: STRING, default = "";
};
END
TEC_CLASS:
IC_PARTITION_UNAVAILABLE ISA INCHARGE_PROBLEM
DEFINES {
source: default = "INCHARGE";
sub_source: default = "IPFM";
severity: default = CRITICAL;
};
END
TEC_CLASS:
IC_SWITCH_UNAVAILABLE ISA INCHARGE_PROBLEM
DEFINES {
source: default = "INCHARGE";
sub_source: default = "IPFM";
severity: default = CRITICAL;
};
END
TEC_CLASS:
IC_HUB_UNAVAILABLE ISA INCHARGE_PROBLEM
DEFINES {
source: default = "INCHARGE";
sub_source: default = "IPFM";
severity: default = CRITICAL;
};
END
TEC_CLASS:
IC_PHYSICAL_IF_UNAVAILABLE ISA INCHARGE_PROBLEM
DEFINES {
source: default = "INCHARGE";
sub_source: default = "IPFM";
severity: default = CRITICAL;
ic_router_name: STRING, default = "";
};
END
TEC_CLASS:
IC_PHYSICAL_IF_FLAPPING ISA INCHARGE_PROBLEM
DEFINES {
source: default = "INCHARGE";
sub_source: default = "IPFM";
severity: default = CRITICAL;