High Cisco CPU

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: High Cisco CPU
From: "Prokott, Joe" <Joe.Prokott@westgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 08:50:16 -0500
I know this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find info. in my
archives.

What causes and what is the resolution to high router CPU due to netmon
polling a Cisco(7505) router?  Is it the number of routing entries netmon is
getting from the router?  Is the resolution just to configure netmon so it
gets fewer router entries from the router?  What are the implications if
netmon gets fewer routing table entries (i.e., what is NV not able to do
from lack of this data?)?  Does NV version 6.x query the routers differently
so this does not occur?

Joe Prokott
Network Architect
West Group