Re: Problem loading Cisco MIB

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Problem loading Cisco MIB
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 08:34:38 -0400

I have no idea what the problem is, but I would suggest that you might look
through the MIBs you intend to load and see if one of them has a PhysAddress
construct.  Then try loading that MIB, and then the TC MIB, and  see if the
results are better.
My take on the error message is that the MIB loader is expecting an object to be
defined here and one isn't, so it is being flagged as an error.  So my proposal
is to provide the object first and see if that helps.  If you have no MIB which
uses the PhysAddress construct, then it is unnecessary and you can just comment
it out of the TC MIB all together.

Otherwise, call Support.  They won't have any magic but they will investigate
and take an APAR if necessary.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

fratto@us.ibm.com on 04/23/2000 10:12:39 PM