Re: Real problem installing nv6000

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Real problem installing nv6000
From: Edvyn.Lek@bankofamerica.com
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 09:54:34 -0700

Did you do the netview patch after framework install before you push nv out?

alexis.henry@bnpgroup.com on 04/26/2000 09:29:51 AM

To:   nv-l@tkg.com
cc:
Subject:  [NV-L] Real problem installing nv6000

Hi all!

I'm installing netview 5.1  on Aix 4.3.2 and have a problem i've never met
before.
I installed the netview server using the framework and all seemed to be ok. In
the tivoli window there was no error message.
Then i tried to run /usr/OV/bin/ovw, the user interface opened and then
disapeared. On my xwindow i had a message that said:
the connection to the security server failed or was lost.

Moreover a lot of files are not in /usr/OV.

For example: ovsuf, oid_to_sym, oid_to_type ...

What can i do to install netview ????

Alexis Henry
Banque Nationale de Paris

L integrite de ce message n'etant pas assuree sur Internet, les societes du
groupe BNP Paribas ne peuvent etre tenues responsables de son contenu.
Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le detruire et d'avertir
l'expediteur.

The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet, companies of
the BNP Paribas group can not therefore be considered responsible for the
contents.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, then please delete it and
notify the sender.