RE: Log Files

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Log Files
From: "Joel A. Gerber" <joel.gerber@usaa.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 12:51:09 -0500
Other than trapd.log, here are the other log files that we run maintenance
scripts on:
c5d.log
c5eui.log
netmon.trace
ovactiond.log
shpmon.log
snmpCol.trace

If you look at the NetView cron facility, there are already some log file
maintenance scripts supplied with NetView.  For the other log files, we just
copied one of the NetView scripts, and customized it to work with that log
file.  They are all scheduled to run daily in the crontab.

Joel Gerber - I/T Networking Professional - USAA Information Technology Co.
- San Antonio, TX
* (210)456-4231         * mailto:Joel.Gerber@USAA.com   "
http://www.usaa.com