RE: NetView and Remedy ARS Integration...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: NetView and Remedy ARS Integration...
From: "Owens, Blaine C" <bowens@eastman.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 14:03:58 -0400
Gord, we have done so. There are two ways to implement this -

1) you can run a daemon (arnvd) on your NetView server. There is a gui which
allows you to define which traps open Remedy tickets and allow you to
specify some of the fields to populate in the tickets. Traps which are not
defined thus are ignored.

2) you can run the optional armaild daemon on the Remedy server and open
Remedy tickets via email.

We have used both but now use the second option exclusively because it is so
much more flexible. For example, I can populate any field of my choosing
using this method, even custom fields which are not part of the standard
Remedy selection set. Also, we can use email from ANYWHERE, not just
NetView. We can send email from any system to automatically open Remedy
cases whether they know anything about SNMP traps or not (IBM mainframes, NT
servers, Microsoft Outlook, etc.). All of our operations staffs rely heavily
on this for automatic trouble ticketing.

Good luck!

Blaine Owens
Eastman Chemical Company
Phone - (423)-229-3579