RE: NetView and Remedy ARS Integration...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: NetView and Remedy ARS Integration...
From: "Gord Michaels" <gord_michaels@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 12:16:37 PDT
Thanks for the response...

Regarding the first option:

Where does this arnvd daemon come from? I have never heard of this before.
Is it a part of NetView natively??

Regarding the second option:

When you receive a trap on NetView, which you would like to send to Remedy,
how do you initiate an email from the NetView server? Do you fire off a
script upon receiving the trap which generates a standard SMTP email with
whatever data you want? The trap itself is discarded?

Any info appreciated.

Sincerely,

Gord Michaels.