Re: Netview installation

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview installation
From: Vladimir Petr <petr@datasys.cz>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2000 12:02:48 +0200
Alexis,
I am not sure whether I understood well how you installed the NetView server.
So, you should _create_ NetView server in the policy region you have chosen.
Then the
install will follow. Do not forget to set managed resources in the policy
region so that the NetView server can be placed therein while being installed.
You may look at
the Release Notes that include step-by-step instructions.
Also, if your install did not succeed, you should clear it from the box by the
cleanup script on the NetView CD and retry it.
I have never attempted to install NetView server from command line by winstall.
To modify a policy region and/or managed resources, you can use wsetpr command.

HTH,
Bets regards,
Vladimir.