Re: How can I get config from switch with netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: How can I get config from switch with netview
From: chuberdeau@avdl.com
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 13:22:26 -0400

Thank you Vladimir

I guess this is the best way to do my backup "TFTP"

Christian

Vladimir Petr <petr@datasys.cz> on 2000-05-02 12:03:05

To:   IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l@tkg.com>
cc:    (bcc: Huberdeau Christian I621CH/Levis/GVDL)
Subject:  Re: [NV-L] How can I get config from switch with netview

Hello, Christian;
There may be a similar way of doing this for a Catalyst as it is by Cisco
routers.
There you can use a snmpset to get a router's config file saved on to a TFTP
server.  I do not have Catalyst switches so I do not know if their SNMP agents
do
support a similar MIB object (by routers it is .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.55) so you may
go
and look into their MIBs.

HTH,
Bets regards,