RE: How can I get config from switch with netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: How can I get config from switch with netview
From: "O'Neill, Dermott" <ONeillD@aetna.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 13:42:00 -0400
Hey Christian,

Check out the cisco snmp  local variable "writenet" - it requires the write
community string.
snmpset -c write_str cisco-test-switch
.iso.org.dod.internet.private.enterprises.cisco.local.lsystem.writeNet.10.10
.100.5 OctetString "netcfg"

This should drop a cisco config file (called "netcfg" here) onto
10.10.100.5, assuming this box is set up for it.

We have a script to use nvUtil to loop thru our cisco routers & switches
and dump the config to our tftp server.

Good Luck,
--Dermott