Re: NetView monitoring the Mainframe S/390...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView monitoring the Mainframe S/390...
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 13:32:07 -0400

Don't know what an OSA interface is, but you can do a lot of 390 monitoring if
you get the SNA Manager/6000  product from IBM. This means you add a card to
your RS/6000 ansd install AIX Com Server to get SNA support, and your RISC box
becomes an LU6.2 to your SNA network.   Your IBM rep can get you details.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

"Gord Michaels" <gord_michaels@hotmail.com> on 05/02/2000 10:02:45 AM