Re: Location Object stays red

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Location Object stays red
From: lclark@us.ibm.com
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 22:35:26 -0400

Some avenues of investigation:
Is it possible that you have hidden something in this location submap?
When you look at the status of the location icon in 'Tools.. Display
Object Info', is it Normal, or Critical? When you use the right mouse
button
context menu, Edit..Modify/Describe...Object, is the status source set to
Compound? What happens when you change the propogation for the
map from Most Critical to the Default? Goes yellow? And are any of the
nodes in the location submap DHCP nodes? Do you have all available
maintenance on your V4?

Something that sometimes help when things get goofy: cut those nodes
out of that location submap and paste them back into their original place,
which should be the IP Internet level, unless you have been getting really
creative with the cut/paste. Delete and recreate the location icon, and
put the nodes back. Kind of forces Netview to rethink things.

And of course you want to consider getting to a supported platform. I
think you would like V6.

Detroit

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on

Chris McBride <cmcbride@ibeam.com>@tkg.com on 05/05/2000 09:01:56 PM