Re: Ping between two Network objects!!

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Ping between two Network objects!!
From: echevarria@es.ibm.com
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 12:30:54 +0200

Robert,

     I'm not sure what you're asking, but you can also use the rping
command in Netview to do that:

usage: rping [-d] [-c community] [-n count] [-s size] [-t timeout] [from]
     -d    Dump PDUs to standard output.
     -c    Specify Community name for the request.
     -n    Specify the number of ICMP echo packets that get transmitted.
     -s    Specify size of the request.
     -t    Specify the request timeout in 1/10th of seconds.

This doesn't work for Cisco routers. For those, you can use a script from
Cisco that uses the cisco ping MIB.

I don't think you can do it from a host different that the network
management station.

I hope that helps.

Juan Echevarría López
AT&T Global Network Services