Re: Antigen Forwarded Attachment

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Antigen Forwarded Attachment
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 09:34:53 -0400

In all the mess yesterday, you must have missed the post by Mike Galgano of  TKG
that the flood was the result of it-austria.com implementing some anti-virus
software which returned to the sender any email with attachments that was not
from a trusted source.  When this would go back to NV-L, it would re-send it
again to everyone, including the guys from it-austria, and so we were in a
vicious loop.  He removed them from the list and sent them a note about the
problem they were causing,  and eventually it all clamed down.

By the way, that is the way to handle NV-L list problems  -- go to tkg.com and
send the list owner a note.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

"Darrell W. Perreira" <perreirad001@hawaii.rr.com> on 05/10/2000 07:08:06 PM