Re: Web Server Daemon

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Web Server Daemon
From: Jim Kellock <jkelloc@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 12:54:52 -0400
The web server for V6 has changed.  It is now a Java-based server Tivoli
has licensed.  It runs as a background process under ovspmd instead of
starting under init by the first ovw instance, and it's much slicker,
more reliable, and provides multiple map views.  The Apache server is
NOT part of NetView v6.  Check out /usr/OV/www/htdocs/README.html for
information and setup.  It uses Swing and includes instructions for
downloading it.  It also works both as a browser applet or as a
standalone Java application.