Re: NWays 2.1 with NV6000 Apache web server

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NWays 2.1 with NV6000 Apache web server
From: Jim Kellock <jkelloc@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 12:05:25 -0400
The Install Guide on the web and packaged with the 2.1 Nways CD should
be correct for Nways 2.1.  There were lines added for the 2.1.  Here's
the tip from www.networking.ibm.com/support, and your can download the
most current install docs there, too.
Document:
             FQ3414E
 Revised:
             08/19/99
 Subject:
             How do I setup the APACHE/NetView webserver for use with
             Nways Manager

This tip applies to the following product(s):
 Nways Manager for AIX v1.2 - -ALL-
 Nways Manager for AIX v2 - -ALL-

1) Establish the softlinks:
ln -s /usr/CML/JMA/java/websvr /usr/OV/web/httpd/htdocs/Nways
(where Nways can be replaced with whatever name you want as long as
you consistently use it as your reference in the URL).

ln -s /usr/CML/ATMWEB/html/ /usr/OV/web/httpd/htdocs/AtmWeb
(where AtmWeb can be replaced with whatever name you want as long as
you consistently use it as your reference in the URL).

2) In the directory /usr/OV/web/httpd/conf, edit the following files as
described:

access.conf.......
All lines that start in column 1 with "require valid-user" can be
commented
out, if desired, by inserting a pound(#) character in column 1. This
will cause
the server to not require a non-root login at the browser when starting
service such as Nways. Use your own operational considerations to
determine
whether you need to make this change.

srm.conf......
Find "Alias" in the file and add the following lines in this part of the
file:

Alias /Nways /usr/CML/JMA/java/websvr
Alias /atm-html/images/ /usr/CML/ATMWEB/html/images/
Alias /AtmWeb/ /usr/CML/ATMWEB/html/

and for Nways Manager v2.0:

Alias /cgi/code /Nways_root/CML/JMA/java/websvr/code

where AtmWeb and Nways match the previously created linknames
in step 1 above. All other text, including the slash(/) characters
should
be entered as shown.

Find ScriptAlias in the file and add the following line to that area of
the
file:

ScriptAlias /atm-bin/ /usr/CML/ATMWEB/bin/

and for Nways Manager 2.0:

ScriptAlias /cgi /Nways_root/CML/JMA/java/websvr

3) Enter: nvwebstop and then: nvwebstart to cycle the webserver to read
the new configuration file.

4) The Port designation should work as already defined in the Apache
server(80) and can be changed but is not necessary except for reasons
beyond NetView and Nways considerations such as security, etc.

NOTE: Ignore the "Exec" and "Pass" statements in the install guide as
they
are referring to the Internet Connect webserver.

Documentation for the Apache HTTP Server can be found at www.apache.org.

This information is provided "as is" to help you use IBM products. No
warranty of any kind is implied or should be inferred.

© Copyright IBM Corporation 1999. All rights reserved.

 Provide your feedback on the Networking Technical Support pages.
 Privacy