NetView Managed Resources

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NetView Managed Resources
From: Chris Cowan <chris.cowan@2nd-wave.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 11:25:41 -0500
I encountered a network error while attempting to install NV 6.0 Server
on a 3.6.2 TMR (Solaris Platform).
I ran the uninstallation procedures cleanup and reinstal.sh (found in
the TOOLS on the NV 6.0 CD).
On the second attempt NV installed all right, and I'm having no problems
running the Netview GUI, but there's one nagging problem.

The NetViewServer, NetViewClient, and NetViewRemoteAccess Managed
Resources do not seem to be available and assignable to any of the
Policy Regions.    As a result, I can only wln the NetViewServer object
to the root region.   Any attempt to move them into another PR is
thwarted by the above mentioned problem.

I've installed 6.0 about 7 or 8 times, but it's alway been an upgrade
from 5.1.2.   Support seems to be "hinting" that moving the NV objects
to subregions is deprecated.    I personally hope this isn't true.

Bottom line, does anyone have the scripts to patch up the TMR classes so
that I can see the NetView Managed Resources in these Policy Regions.

Thanks in advance,
Chris