RE: Rule sets: pass events on Hostname

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Rule sets: pass events on Hostname
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 10:53:52 -0400

Laurens -

I cannot tell from what you say whether this is correct or not.
Is there no place where the Origin is resolved to either a host name or an IP
address in the trace?
Usually there is and it says that the requested comparison resolves to either
TRUE or FALSE  before it sets the forwarding.
If you don't see that or cannot get more out of the log, then I suggest you open
a problem to Support.

There was a similar problem with the Origin not having its byte order swapped to
match DNS on  NT, perhaps there is one on DEC UNIX as well.  But I cannot delve
into code unless you have a problem open to Support.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

"Rauwers, Laurens" <rauwers@hitt.nl> on 05/19/2000 10:30:54 AM