Discovery on NetView for NT 6.0

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Discovery on NetView for NT 6.0
From: Dave_Finn@computacenter.com
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 15:59:58 +0100

I am currently setting up a NetView 6.0 on NT. I am only currently interested in
Network devices (Routers, Hubs, Switches etc) and not PC's.

I know under UNIX you can set to exclude/include certain oid's by specifying
them in the seed file, but this is not available under NT.

My second choice was to discover everything, but discover all the Non-SNMP
devices and Windows devices as unmanaged.  I have changed the oid_to_type file
to unmanage Windows devices (works a treat) and attempted to unmanage the non
SNMP devices by adding the line DEFAULT_IP: : :U, but all the Non-SNMP devices
are coming through managed.  Is this something else which does also not work
under NT ?, is it supposed to work under NT? and if not how have other people
managed to get around this?  I can create a smartset containing all the Non-SNMP
devices, select them all and unmanage the objects, but I was looking for
something a bit more automatic.

Cheers

Dave