Re: Netview on a TMR

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview on a TMR
From: Bill_Jameson@tivoli.com
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 13:08:37 -0400

Your described configuration should work without any problems.

"Focus on remedies, not faults."

Bill Jameson
Tivoli Systems
(919)-486-0292

"Clayton, Billy" <Billy.Clayton@ps.net> on 05/22/2000 11:58:14 AM

To:   Netview Questions <nv-l@tkg.com>
cc:    (bcc: Bill Jameson/Tivoli Systems)
Subject:  [NV-L] Netview on a TMR

Perhaps someone could tell me if this is possible.

I have a Netview server (5.1) installed on a Solaris Managed Node (V2.6)
working fine. I want to install a second Netview Server on the TMR server,
that the first installation is accessible from i.e. in a Policy Region
Netview. I want this second installation to develop on without affecting the
live installation, and it's the only other Solaris box available to create
an emulation environment. The installation is failing with various errors,
before I try to debug the failures am I trying to do something that will
never work, i.e. 2 NV Servers in the same TME, referenced from the same TMR
albeit in different Policy Regions.

Thanks in anticipation..

Billy Clayton
perot systems* Europe Ltd.