Re: NetView for NT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView for NT
From: Xu He <xuhe@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 10:08:03 -0700 (PDT)
If I remember correctly, this was caused by Netview ID
on the client.  There are Netview ID's created on both
the server and the client, and the password has to be
identical on both machines for demand poll to work.  I
don't know why, but it seems like the Client trys to
use the Netview to initiate some kind of RPC
connection for Demand Poll.

Xu

--- "Frank W. Hansen"
<fhansen@enterpriseinnovations.com> wrote:

> Greetings.  I have a situation that I believe was
> posted before.  My
> environment is a NetView server running on NT 4.0 SP
> 4 and NetView clients
> running on NT Workstation 4.0 SP 4.  From a NetView
> client I try to issue a
> demand poll and receive "Waiting for netmon daemon
> to respond...".  When I
> look at the nv.log file on the NetView server I see
> "CreateFile on pipe
> "\\servername\pipe\demand.111" failed. Error: The
> network path was not
> found."  I check the obvious.  Host lookups both
> forward and reverse on both
> the client and server and all checks out.  I can
> manually map a drive share
> from the server to the client and vise versa so I'm
> stumped.  Any ideas?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Frank W. Hansen
> Enterprise Certified Tivoli Consultant