Re: The old style PING

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: The old style PING
From: "Ken Karasek" <KGKARASE@hewitt.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 12:06:08 -0500

Ronnie, I was told that if you want the "old " pre-version 5.x of the ping
utility restored, you will need to submit an enhancement request to Tivoli .
The following is the response I received from L2 Tivoli Support on this issue.

Ken and all others that are interested.
     Even though the netview@tivoli.com is still being watched, we in L2 support
have been asked to also direct our customers to contact their Tivoli account
manager.  From what we understand after an enhancement form is fill out you will
receive a tracking number.  If you use netview@tivoli.com you will not receive a
tracking number.
So L2 support will advise both sources,
1.  Tivoli account manager
2.  The e-mail address of netview@tivoli.com.
Hope this helps.

I have submitted an enhancement request and opened a PMR with support as I was
requested to do. I am under the impression from support that the more requests
that are received the higher the visibility within Tivoli. If any one else would
like to see the old style ping restored to the NetView EUI, I would suggest you
follow the information above. The only caveat,  is that only your Tivoli
representative has access in to the database that houses the "trackable"
enhancement request forms. Another gotcha.

Good Luck Ronnie.