Re: Ruleset for specific node down at 15 minutes

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Ruleset for specific node down at 15 minutes
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 13:23:42 -0400

Event Attributes is how you would do it, and it sounds like you are doing it
right. But you still haven't explained the whole ruleset.  What is the Event
Stream (the "purple pizza") set to, BLOCK or PASS?  Should be BLOCK.  What
happens after the Reset-On-Match?  Should be Forward.

Or are you using this instead of forwardall.rs so that the Event Stream is set
to "PASS" and the node after the Reset is "Resolve" or "Block"?

You may want to turn on the nvcorrd trace by issuing "nvcdebug -d all"  while
your ruleset is running and look in the nvcorrd.alog and see what happens when
the event comes in.  The trace may be a bit confusing for the novice, however,
since it is not documented.  You will see that every  incoming event is marked
with "  ===> Received a Trap", then continues with "===> Processing Event" and
ends with "===> Finished with the Trap" so you can follow what happens to every
one.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

"Evankovich, Debra A" <devanko@mtpower.com> on 05/30/2000 12:54:44 PM