Re: synchronizing DB

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: synchronizing DB
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 09:51:48 -0400

Polling intervals should have little to do with synchronization.  The map
synchronization you see is the process whereby ipmap asks ovtopmd for all the
changes to the map since its last close time.  ipmap puts up the "synchronizing"
message to indicate that this is what is going on and he will not accept any
inputs from the GUI.   So polling intervals will have no affect unless they
result in very rapid status changes, and this is not likely, since the nodes
would still have to be alternately reachable  and then unreachable at every
cycle for the status changes to occur.

As I indicated in my previous note, more than likely the problem is database
corruption of some sort and ipmap is exiting when it comes to that part of the
update cycle with the corrupted objects.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

marqueta@notes.banesto.es on 05/31/2000 09:34:56 AM