Re: Remote Router Deleted

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Remote Router Deleted
From: Ray Schafer <schafer@tkg.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 12:25:18 +0000
alexis.henry@bnpparibas.com wrote:

> Hi list,
> i have a problem with IBM 3745 router.
>
> This central router is connected to many routers. It has 6 interfaces and each
> interface owns a name in the DNS
> The loopback adress is set to 127.0.0.1

I see by the outpout of ovobjprint that this device is not in any map (no
fields for Maps Managed and some others).  You should consider running
ovtopofix -U.  This
will force all objects in the database to be placed into all maps.  Use with
caution if you've done customization that required you to delete lots of
objects from one
of your maps  because this will all have to be redone (if you don't have more
than one map, you don't have to worry about that).

As to how it got that way in the first place - I don't know.  Be sure that you
can forward and reverse resolve the IP name nnt36.

You didn't say what version of NetView you are running.  There were some
defects that affected the object from being added properly by netmon in version
5.1 and
earlier.  I'll bet they are fixed in 5.1.3.

--
Ray Schafer                   | schafer@tkg.com
The Kernel Group              | Distributed Systems Management