Re: Netview 6.0 and patch 5.1.3

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview 6.0 and patch 5.1.3
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 09:45:37 -0400

Hopefully this will fail if you try it.  If the Framework permits it, then you
should be prepared to have to scrap the whole thing and re-install it all
because it is NOT SUPPORTED and very dangerous.

You should NOT mix maintenance from the two releases.  There are dependencies
which you cannot resolve -- different library structures and the like, which
will probably result in processes coring all over the place.   A selective
replacement MIGHT work but that is the sort of thing you shuld be talking to
Support about.  Besides, any fix in 5.1.3 which you need for 6.0 could be had as
an efix to 6.0, but you can get that only by talking to Support.   Open a
problem record and tell them your troubles.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX and NT) L3 Support

Werner_Claassen@krzn.de on 06/14/2000 08:59:07 AM