Re: Problems with nv 6.0

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Problems with nv 6.0
From: James_Shanks@tivoli.com
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 17:53:02 -0400

There are serious problems all over your system -- the errpt shows failures in
smitty and in ovw-binary -- and you haven't even mentioned those.  But one thing
for certain, it is unlikely that you can fix a segmentation violation yourself
and you should contact Tivoli Support and get some real help.

The event display will stop if either nvserverd or nvcorrd cores, and you can
check /usr/OV/PD/cores for those daemons and see if you have any.  But you will
have to contact Tivoli support to get an analysis of them.

Based on all the problems I see here I am wondering if you have a big enough
system for what you are trying to do.  If you think you meet all the
requirements given in the install manual, then I would consider setting the
data and stack sizes to unlimited in /etc/security/limits, as you are getting a
lot of failures related to running out of memory.  But neither file says
anything about  nvserverd, nor nvcorrd, nor nvevents.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
 Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

Aizprua Jerry <JAizprua@pacifico.fin.ec> on 06/15/2000 05:13:36 PM