Re: menu "Test" -> "ping": how can I change the ping utility to use unli

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: menu "Test" -> "ping": how can I change the ping utility to use unlimited packets instead of one (netview 6.0/AIX 4.3.3)
From: "Ken Karasek" <KGKARASE@hewitt.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 20:17:31 -0500

Certainly, a long term solution would be best. Please meet with your Tivoli rep
and submit a product enhancement request. Since this is the only way to have
Tivoli revise the functionality back to its original configuration prior to
v5.x.  I have submitted both a PMR and enhancement request per a Tivoli product
manager. It appears that unless the "numbers" are there for an enhancement
request, it falls to the bottom of the heap. I submitted some time ago and it
appears it is still sitting there with no action taken. For all those who would
like to see the NV ping utility restored, please follow the guidelines above.

Short-term, edit the registration file as instructed.